Event Technician and Production Brewery Delivery
Overflow Brewing Company – Front and Back of House
What is the “flow” in Overflow?
- Overflow Brewing Company defines the mental state of Flow as the state of ultimate happiness and contentment when performing an activity you are truly passionate about.
- Overflow Brewing Company believes in the constant pursuit of happiness and wishing it will spill over to those around us.
Overflow Brewing Company is a production brewery and tap house in Ottawa South striving to brew world class craft beer to suit the tastes of beer enthusiasts. The company is committed to providing customers with new and memorable experiences through a variety of beer flavours and food options. Our unique event space will host a number of events such as emerging music artists, comedy acts, local talent shows and provide a space for a number of events such as weddings, large parties and public gatherings up to 300 people seated and 380 standing.
Event Technician and Production Brewery Delivery
- We're looking for new team members with experience (whether that's a little or a lot, if you think you'd be a great fit we'd love to meet you)
- A passion for craft beer! We love what we do and are proud of our product, we're looking for new members who will feel the same that can
- This team member will be responsible for one or several of the following areas: sound, lighting, video or rigging
- Participate in the set up and tear down of technical equipment;
- Ensure the equipment’s proper installation and the respect of the plan;
- Ensure at all times the safety of the technical installations;
- Ensuring all front of house products are fully stocked from the Brewery
- Working with the FOH team to ensure a clean and safe environment for our patrons
- Assisting in the production brewery with all packaging canning, and kegging
- Assisting in the production brewery with delivery planning and logistics
- Key member of the Overflow Delivery Team and delivering beer to licensees and retailers.
- Assisting in the production brewery with cellaring and inventory management
- A strong team player and individual who works well on their own and under high pressure, stressful situations as part of a team
Job Type / Category
This role will focus on being a key member of the Overflow Brewing Company’s Front of house Event Team. This team member will be responsible for one or several of the following areas: sound, lighting, video or rigging. Time will be split between helping in the brewery with packaging, cleaning, cellaring and brewing, delivering beer to licensees. In addition, the successful candidate will help with delivering, setting up and serving at external events. The successful candidate must be able to work evenings and weekends that is determined by both front of house and back of house duties and schedules.
This is a salaried position with opportunity for benefits after probation period.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Smart Serve Certification
- Excellent knowledge of craft beer, cider, spirits and wine
- Excellent knowledge of different technical equipment;
- Knowledge in electricity and networking;
- Possess a permit for operating a forklift and/or an aerial lift, and trained on working at heights (an asset);
- Clean Driving Record
Craft beer builds stronger communities and brings people together in special ways. United by beer, our customers enjoy various beer styles and many more creative options each week. Our goal is to brew beer to suit all tastes and aim to provide a pleasurable experience at every occasion. We look forward to serving our selection of handcrafted brews, wine, spirits as well as non-alcoholic options helping to make incredible memories through song, laughter and emotional connection to something special.
Overflow Brewing Company believes that everyone should strive to enjoy life to the fullest. The cycle of our existence should never fall short of achieving a state of ultimate happiness also referred to as a state of “flow”. This state should be experienced at every level and all stages of life. Our promise is to help provide new craft beer drinkers as well as seasoned enthusiasts an opportunity to experience this positive state of body and mind through arts, entertainment, food and most importantly beer. Our goal is for our customers to leave with a memorable experience that will spill over to those around them and motivate them to find their flow what the company calls “Getting caught in the Overflow.”
If our brand could speak, it would say:
- I am a craft brewery with the highest of quality beer options.
- I exist as an opportunity for people to gather together, enjoy our beer with great entertainment or just a quiet moment alone.
* Overflow Brewing Company believes in the constant pursuit of happiness and wishing it will spill over to those around us.
Job Type: Salary - FT
Please send your resume to email@example.com